Outsourcing your IT Services
Written by Toos Team
Outsourcing your IT Services
Whether businesses should outsource IT services has been a topic of discussion in business strategic thinking for many years. This is a question all SMEs (small and medium enterprises) deal with when evaluating core business functions versus non-core functions. They weigh the cost and benefit of handing over non-core functions to a service contractor.
Although IT has become integral to business strategies and operations, most experts have determined IT lies outside of the core functions of a company. Outsourcing IT to a partner, such as an IT service contractor, can help SMEs focus their resources on their core business. There are numerous benefits when it comes to outsourcing. However, there are none greater then the following 5 key benefits.
1. Experienced and Trained Staff: A team of experienced staff members who see similar issues through exposure to a portfolio of work. Internal staff only see unique issues because they only work on one organization. Outside service staff are challenged every day with issues and are required to be stay up to date regarding solutions, updates, and known issues.
2. Human Resources: Employees inevitably leave, taking all their experience, skills, certifications, and knowledge of the organization with them. You then have to spend a great deal of money to hire, train, and acclimate a new employee, just to get back to where you were before you lost the last one. If you outsource your IT services, you get access to the exact same skills and expertise each day, without worrying about employee turnover or its associated costs.
3. Control IT Costs: With many different pricing models and options available, you can focus your IT needs on the service and not the employee. Pay only for what you need.
4. Experts on Hand: Outsourcing to a quality managed service partner will provide knowledge and resources on how technology can be utilized in different areas of the organization. It will also provide custom solutions when you need them.
5. Equalizing Factor: Having a managed service partner is the same as having an in-house IT department, which is something only large organizations were able to afford in the past. Outsourcing can help SMEs harness technology and provide access to expertise, which is also something large organizations have long enjoyed.
The use of technology can increase productivity, reduce costs, and strengthen an organization. SMEs can invest in their IT infrastructure and harness technology to achieve their goals. They can do all this without sacrificing resources meant for core business functions. However, with the increase in the use of technology, the cost of upkeep and maintenance has increased with it. When you have a quality managed service partner, you pay for IT services without paying for the cost of an employee. This means that every dollar you spend goes directly to managing your IT, expert consultation, and attainment of business goals, giving you an immediate return on investment.
Stay in the loop!
Stay in the loop
Join our newsletter and we’ll periodically send you the latest news, tips, and deals.